Sunday, August 5, 2007

I have so much to tell you & do not know where to begin

I'm trying to create video for looped playback. Something I haven't done (any video production at all) for about 15 years:

This was my blurb:

extruded snow
refers to tuning for broadcasts (sound and vision). There are worlds of richness in between the narrow bands where something supposedly intelligible is broadcast. That is well-known & well-explored fact in art & musical works created since the advent of radio receivers.

Many modern TV receivers attempt to hide what happens between bands, which is the preserve of every kind of noise - up to & including the cosmic. I'd like to create someting that does the opposite...

This particular extrusion (used in the sense of passing a starting material through a series of operations which change it into something else) is an early stage of working with this audio & visual plasma & artefacts.

No comments: